Communities have credible support services locally and nationally. Public school systems will provide services if you are a taxpayer in the community. You can enlist the services of a private practitioner, private school or other type of medical facility. Only utilize the services of licensed therapists and one who will collaborate with the family, school, and other professionals during treatment. Several links are attached on the resource page to provide connections for more detailed information.
Finding appropriate services requires a thorough process adhering to a chain of events with varied outcomes. See the diagram below. After permission is granted by the parent, an informal observation occurs by the speech-language pathologist. Upon observational findings then; screening tests with the recommendations of no further tests may result or presently skills are within normal limits (WNL) or results may indicate further observe, evaluate or refer to other professional services for evaluations.